Got a small SSD as your C drive? So do I.
Storing your documents on a network drive? Yep.
Want to index that network drive, to include it in libraries, searches, etc? You bet.
You’ll want to move your offline cache.
- Create a folder for your offline file cache. Something like D:\Cache
- From an elevated command prompt type the following:
takeown /r /f C:\Windows\CSC
- Open the Sync Center (typing “sync” into the start menu search field should do) and go to Manage Offline Files.
- Click Disable Offline Files and restart the machine.
- From an elevated command prompt issue the following commands:
rd /s C:\Windows\CSC
mklink /J C:\Windows\CSC "D:\Cache"
(or whatever your folder name is, but be sure to use the quotes if you have space(s) in the name).
- Reopen the Manage Offline Files window and Enable Offline Files.
- Restart the machine.